CST's Upcoming Events and Other Happenings
Church of the Spiral Tree and our groves welcome church members, beginners, newcomers, solitaries, and anyone else interested in participating in open sabbat, full moon, and new moon rituals, and other get-togethers. You need no experience or knowledge to participate, but we do request you come with an open mind and heart, and show respect for your fellow participants.
Dress is casual; we do not work skyclad, to keep it family-friendly. Most rituals and meetings will be held outdoors; in that case, please wear something comfortable and appropriate. Plan for sitting on cold and/or wet ground. Children of all ages are welcome. Ritual robes are welcome but not necessary. Donations to the Church and/or grove are entirely optional but appreciated.
To make sure that adequate numbers of people will be present at these rituals so it is fun for everyone, our policy for the main CST rituals is that we must have five RSVPs by the Wednesday night before the ritual (72 hours before). To make it easy for you to RSVP and to see if the ritual will take place or not, we have Facebook event pages for the upcoming CST rituals for you to leave your RSVP, tell us what food you're bringing for potluck, and check to see who else is going.
Most rituals will be followed by a potluck and drum circle. POTLUCK RULES:
- Please bring a food dish to share; post on the event page what you plan to bring so we can avoid duplicates. Try to bring "real" food, not just veggie and fruit trays and desserts.
- Please bring enough food to feed six people. If you are bringing a dish as a couple, please double the quantity. One 6-serving dish but two people eating does not equate and is not fair to others.
- Bring serving utensils!!
- Especially in warm weather, please put away your food immediately after potluck. There is no storage for your food either before or after the potluck - you are responsible for safe food storage.
- Kids are welcome, but must be well-supervised, and must be calm and quiet during ritual.
- Dogs are welcome, as long as they get along well with people and other dogs. If your dog becomes a problem, such as fighting with other dogs (even while on a leash), getting into the trash, or stealing food off grills or tables, they must be contained or removed.
- CST events are LGBTQ-friendly.No hateful behavior will be tolerated. Also not tolerated is drunken asshattery, and ill-behaved drunks will be asked to leave and will not be allowed back.
- If you'd like to stay the night, camping at Roxanna is $10/person, payable to Linda Kerr. If you want to stay the night prior to the ritual, you must register ahead of time.
NOTE: All dates below are subject to change. Please keep checking back as events draw closer.
IMPORTANT: Church of the Spiral Tree is LGBTQ-friendly. We do NOT support the current "bathroom bills" being passed. Trans people are just as welcome at our events as cis- people, and if we *had* multi-stall public bathrooms, they would be welcome to use the restroom of the sex they identify as. We will not tolerate implicit, implied, verbal, emotional, or physical violence towards our LGBTQ friends.
August 7, 2016 (Sunday) - CST Lammas Ritual, Roxanna, Auburn, AL. Site opens at 5 pm (Central time), ritual begins at 6 pm, followed by potluck and drum circle.
September 18, 2016 (Sunday) - Auburn Pagan Pride Day, Davis Arboretum, Auburn University, Auburn, AL.
October 30, 2016 (Sunday) - CST Lammas Ritual, location TBD, Auburn, AL.
Membership in Church of the Spiral Tree or in the grove is not required to participate in any CST function; however, if you like us enough to come to several rituals and gatherings, we encourage you to join as a PAID MEMBER of CST. Your membership fee helps pay for the ritual supplies, supplies for the gatherings, postage for mailouts, and helps support the web page. You also get that warm fuzzy feeling that comes from knowing you're supporting a worthwhile group that you yourself like, appreciate, and patronize! Also, there is never a charge for our rituals; however, Church of the Spiral Tree welcomes and greatly appreciates tax deductible donations of $1, $5 or even $10 to help with our expenses.
NEWSLETTER DEADLINES: The deadline for all submissions for CST newsletters are March 1 (Ostara); June 1 (Litha); September 1 (Mabon); December 1 (Yule) . Please send us your articles, stories, reports, artwork, upcoming events, etc. to churchofthespiraltree at gmail dot com.